Friday, February 26, 2010

today is a new day.

Yesterday was not a good day. For starters, Will had to go to the pedi because he's had a nasty cough & then I noticed all these white spots on his tongue. Well Dr.D our regular pedi was all booked up so I had to see someone else. I got to Sutter and got called back. I learned we would be seeing a 2nd year resident. fine. So he comes in checks out Will & we are talking & I mention how we started oatmeal cereal about a week ago. (By the way he weighed 17 lbs. 4 oz!!!!) He immedietly started questioning me telling me I shouldn't be doing. (This was ok'd by Dr.D the week prior.) He goes to get his attending physician to check out the white spots & she begins to question me regarding the solids. I mention to her I'm not trying to take an easy way out but when my child is up every 2 hours to eat 6-8 oz. every night I know he's starving. She goes on to tell me that this is a "behavioral issue." I lost it the minute I walked out the door. Bawled my eyes out in the car & to Jamee & to Eric when I got home. Not what a new mother, trying her best wants to hear.

After I got home, Eric watched Will & I left. I got in my car. By myself. The 22 second drive to Bel-Air wasn't long enough. I walked slowly to Starbucks. This was something a hot mocha could fix & boy did it taste good. I walked to the grocery store & took my....sweeet.....time. Who knew I would run away to the grocery store to be alone!?

No comments:

Post a Comment