Wednesday, January 13, 2010

20 lbs. to go

Okay ya'll. So I was positive the minute I was un-pregnant I would be back on the treadmill running & at DAC doing Crossfit 3 times a week. HAHAHA. right. I joined a gym that it about 27 seconds away from our house & have made it there 3 times in 4 weeks. At this rate by the time Will turns 5 I will have lost my baby weight....but wait....I'm sure there will be MORE babies by then! I've been trying to get back into my running routine by walking 4 minutes & jogging 2. I can do that 4 times. Thats right, if you do the math, I can run for a total of 8 minutes - all while feeling as though I have met the Devil face to face. I was running at times, before pregnancy, 3 miles a few times a week. I asked the Dr. about this the other day & she told me the sweetest thing my ears have heard: Your not supposed to run until 4 months post-partum! Why? Because the hormone Relaxin is released up until 4 months making your joints extremely painful, exactly what I have been experiencing. There is a God & a good excuse I can give Eric as to why I can't run. If you didn't know, I start back at school next week: 2 days a week. My last class & then I will be off to the RN program! So between school, Will, Eric, & our house, the gym comes in close LAST. I looked at my options: Nurtrisystem, Alli, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, crack (JUST KIDDDING!), walking down the street & stealing back the Treadmill we put a "FREE" sign on at the height of my pregnancy. (Stupid, right?)Weight Watchers is out because last time I paid a slightly fluffy old lady to weigh me, I steadily gained close to 10 lbs. Nutrisystem means I still have to cook another meal for Eric every night...not happening. Kirstie Ally is just not convincing me that Jenny Craig is the way to go. So behold my decision: last Sunday I gave in a bought Alli. Yes, the pill with "treatment effects" listed as anal leakage. At this point in my life, I feel as though there are worse things. I will proudly say I have NOT experienced any nasty side effects as of yet as I have CAUTIOUSLY been eating healthy. (Minus Jill's birthday cake last night) The gym at some point will be inevitable - I know my swim suit I have to wear when we spend a week in Hawaii this summer is not going to look good because I sat around & ate Hershey Kisses all Spring. So here's to healthy eating & eventually hitting the gym more than 3 times. (maybe I can save all my money for the BOB jogging stroller I desperatly want - hopefully motivation to hit the pavement for some quality speed walking) & of course NO treatment effects from Alli = )

No comments:

Post a Comment