Thursday, October 1, 2009

UPDATE to Yesterday 9/30

Well hello everyone = )
After sleeping all day I'm feeling up for a post! Here's the story if you missed it: On Wed. morning around 2am I woke up with period-like cramps & didn't think much of it - usually I pee & I'm fine. Well I tried to lay down & every 5-7 minutes would be woken up by them again. At about 3:45am (Almost 2 hours of constant pain) I called Sutter & they told me to come in. We got to the hospital around 4:15am. They hooked me up & sure enough was contracting every 4 minutes. For about 2 hours of monitoring they decided to take a proactive approach & stop labor. I was given a shot of Trebutaline. (Trebutaline is a smooth muscle relaxer) It made me feel HORRIBLE - like I had drank 10 cups of coffee....and the worst part was I couldn't get out of bed. The shot helped but I was still contracting about every 7-8 mins. but they weren't as painful. They waited until about noon to see how I would react to the shot. WELL I still was contracting so at 12:30pm they gave me another shot of it as well as 2 pills in an oral form. I hung out in bed until about 5pm where the midwife checked me & I hadn't progressed any (the contractions hadn't been doing anything) (I was/am 1cm. dilated & 90% effaced)
The contractions slowed to about 8 mins. apart & I could barely feel them. The Dr. & Midwife decided to send me home. I got home about 7pm last night. I'm feeling better - just super tired (I feel like a was hit by a bus!) I have random contractions but nothing timeable. Hopefully we have another good 5 weeks left! I will update everyone if anything changes = )

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you. Hope everything goes well and you have another five weeks. We'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete