Wednesday, October 21, 2009

stick a fork in me

After a lot of sleepless nights this past week, I gave in a called my midwife. Sweet Rocio was able to get me in yesterday instead of my appointment tomorrow. Jammed to Sutter and met my favorite midwife ever: Blanche. She opened the door & my eyes welled with tears as she asked how I was doing. I didn't loose it, but a few tears escaped. She told me I had the look of "prosteglandins being released & your done." I told her about the immense amount of pressure I have, how I can't sit unless its on an exercise ball & sleeping is super painful. I jumped at the chance for her to check me & as Eric likes to think the most action I'll get in the next 4 months. Her eyes were HUGE as she asked me about my previous progress. She told me I was 3cm. 100% effaced (I'm completely thinned out) & the baby's head is fully engaged at station 0. I know this sounds like I'm speaking Japanese to you & yes for awhile I was lost. Its pregnancy lingo: The opening the baby is coming from has to be to 10cm. to deliver: I'm currently 3. Your cervix has to thin from 0% - 100% by the time you deliver: already done. The baby's head has to be "engaged" in your pelvis - which s/he is! So she told me it could be "tonight" which obviously was not- here I am....or it could be another 2-3 weeks. Its a false sense of excitement, but I also know my body is doing its job which is great! 2 more birthing classes as well as a trip planned on Saturday to Apple Hill - we will see what God has planned - but I just want to let him know I'm done cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment