Thursday, December 3, 2009

1 kid and counting.....

No....I'm not pregnant =) In fact I just picked up my prescription for my birth control. Dubbed the "mini pill" - I'm not to comforted in reading the pamphlet that came with it explaining how 8 out of 100 women will get pregnant on it.....hmmmm. We aren't planning on having a competition with the Duggar Family thats for sure. On to another topic - we have officially made it through our first month of being parents & I wanted to point out some highlights (& lowlights for that matter!)

1. Stay up sometime to watch Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, & Conan O'Brian - they are hiliarious & its exactly what I need at midnight when my child seems to think I starve him.

2. I realized my life had changed when I sat down at the kitchen table, lit some candles, & starting paying bills. That was my "me" time & I was perfectly happy with it!

3. Swings are the hands down #1 life-saver. We currently have one downstairs & one upstairs (thank you Jamee!)

4. There is some kind of hype over a rubber giraffe: Sophie the Giraffe. I guess she might have to make an appearance this Christmas. (Yes Mom, that is a stocking stuffer hint)
http://www.goores.com/goores/product.asp?s_id=0&pf_id=PAOHIDNILOFIGFFP

5. I swore I would never give my child a pacifier or bottle. Well he had a bottle within minutes of birth due to low blood sugar. We also have to supplement with formula daily. The pacifier has SAVED my nipples. (And he looks to darn cute sucking away: think Maggie from the Simpson's)

6. There are no morning naps anymore. Will is up from 5:30am - until approx. 2ish. He will scream & be fussy & the MINUTE Eric walks through the door he's asleep for 4 hours. I really don't get it.

7. I'm pretty sure I get the worst mother of the year award: Poor Will peed straight into his own mouth & then it pooled up in his eyes. Hince the invention of Pee Pee Tee-Pees = )
Signing out from under the play gym - its feeding time at this zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment